What I did today:
- 6:30AM: Woke up and went for a lovely jog along the lake
- 8:00AM: Did Pilates (the 2 hours flew by again…blessedly)
- 10:00AM: Ate delicious Turkish-style breakfast of homemade yoghurt, walnuts, fruit and honey; fresh bread with homemade jam; and creamy cheeses, olives, cucumbers and tomatoes. Large Turkish coffee to finish it off. Lip-smackin’ good. (You can tell what is taking over my focus here. And it ain’t Pilates.)
- 11:00AM: Lounged and napped poolside (weather is brilliant, clear blue skies, sun, sun and more sun). Tough life.
- 3:00PM: Retreated indoors to prepare physically (food) and mentally (coffee) for the 5PM Pilates Session.
- 3:30PM: Missed an EARTHQUAKE!!
This will make my husband feel much better. And assure him that I do not purposefully ignore him when I am reading or watching TV. Honestly? I am absolutely oblivious. And this proves it.
I un-purposefully ignored a 6.1 earthquake.
I wish I were kidding.
But I am not.
AN EARTHQUAKE! Probably I shouldn’t write this. My family will freak out, no doubt. As I would have IF I HAD FELT A THING!
Even worse? Apparently it lasted for MINUTES. Not Seconds. MINUTES. Like 7 or something. And the tremors were STRONG. And NO ONE ELSE MISSED IT. Not even my fellow Pilates student who was SLEEPING IN HER ROOM.
Which begs the question: WHERE WAS I and WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING???!!!
I was either blogging or washing off some of the chlorine from the pool. In either case, neither were of such an intense nature to overshadow an earthquake! I should have felt a 6.1 EARTHQUAKE!
Disturbing on oh so many levels.
I think I will close there. Anything blogg-able pales by comparison.
I missed an earthquake.